Archives for: March 2012, 15
By Ron Raymond on Mar 15, 2012 | In Welcome
By QB Coach Ron Raymond
March 15, 2012
Quarterbacks, who are serious about getting to the next level, need to practice and improve on their techniques. From a coaching point of view, you will be surprised how it’s always the same common mistakes which keep reoccurring during workouts and you really have to work on a certain technique for at least 30 minutes, because it has to be muscle memory at the end of the lesson. Once you show a mechanic or method, rep it over and over, until the player is comfortable with the new technique.
In fact, if you’re a high school or community football coach, it’s key you have your young quarterbacks attend some type of camps or clinics in the off season, so they can get the basic fundamentals of knowing their stance, 1-3-5 Step drop and the proper way to hold and throw a football.
In fact, during our Capital QB’s sessions the last 2 months, the main common mistakes I’ve picked up and corrected are the following;
1. Over striding: Players will have a tendency to over stride during their drop back and this creates stumbling and being unbalanced at the end of their drop. Stay on the balls of your feet and bend those knees!
2. Rising Elbows (Chicken Wings): It’s key for Quarterbacks to keep their elbows in and not to over extend them, because it creates the wrist to open up and the passing hand to show palms down, which separates the proper use of the “Push and Pull” technique.
3. Lack of Follow-through on Throws: Quarterbacks are not transferring their weight from A to Z on their throws, because they are putting too much weight on the back foot. In fact, by not shifting the weight forward on their release, quarterbacks have their non-throwing shoulder tipped up too high and this doesn’t allow the hips to open to their target, which causes the ball to sail over their receivers.
4. Don’t Over-Exaggerate: Every thing starts with the stance and it finishes with the follow through. Therefore, don’t over exaggerate any of the mechanics in between the motions. I can write an entire article on this subject alone, but to keep it in a “Coles Note” version, I’m talking about; striding, arm extension and bringing the back foot over on your follow throw, which I call dotting the i. If I can sum it up in a few words; stay athletic and agile in your movements.
5. Two Hands on the Ball: I guess it wouldn’t be a Quarterback article if I didn’t mention Peyton Manning, but he’s the master of proper fundamentals. When you look at Peyton in the pocket and he’s got the happy feet going, reading his coverage, look at the way he holds the football with two hands and uses the “push and pull” technique.
6. Point, Push and Throw: Have your Quarterbacks use this 3 step progression in practice when developing their throwing technique. Open hand throw (no football), then use two tennis balls one in each hand, so they can relate the importance of each hand of the “Push and Pull” technique. Finally, use a football. From the SET position, have them on the balls of their feet, bend their knees , hitch and point the front foot to their target, while pushing off the back foot, this will open their hips and they should finish with the follow-throw. They should feel the elastic whip technique in this motion, like they are a sling shot and they just knocked down goliath!
7. Stay Tall and Square: It’s key your Quarterbacks get tall and square after their first step. The first step is normally the push off step to gain depth and velocity out of the pocket. The sooner your Quarterback can get the football to the set position, the sooner they will get taller and square. Too many young QB stay crumpled up, head down or have the lanky shoulders leaning forward. That’s why, the “Push and Pull” technique will force your Quarterback to get tall and square, so they can find their receivers quicker.
Every football position has special techniques, you don’t have to be the strongest or fastest player at your position, but the player who masters their techniques the best, will gain success quicker. Nowadays, training is the most important aspect in the off season and it’s vital for players to get stronger and be agile, because you have to be athletic to succeed at the next level. One of the most successful high school football coaches in the United States is Bob Ladouceur of De La Salle High School in California and he says “The most important person in your program is your strength-and conditioning coach.” Therefore, combined strength and conditioning with proper fundamentals, and your dreams can come true.
About Capital QBS
By Ron Raymond on Mar 15, 2012 | In Sports Betting Stats
ATS STATS App Description
ATS Stats will give you an advantage in your sports business endeavors and you will receive winning edge information which allows you to wager like the pros. The two main features at the ATSDatabase.com website are the 80% Club Stats and the Raymond Report!
Review the FAQ’s or try our demo page at the ATS STATS for further information. Stop guessing and get information the Sportsbooks don’t want you to know about!
I’m a strong believer everything comes in cycles and you will have better results when you go against the public norm. It’s a form of contrarian thinking; just look at your weekly pool contest winners, who are the people who normally win the weekly pool? It’s the one who played the underdogs or picked against the consensus. Think about it, if everybody took the favorites or the same favorite teams, you would need a perfect sheet to win the week. That’s why I feel, when you go against conventional thinking, you just gave yourself a shot at winning! Granted, it might be against the normal way of doing things, but normal people always finish last.
We offer you the best ATS sports stats in the business which is known as the 80% Club Stats.
You know that old saying, "if I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I would be a millionaire?" Well, back up the brinks truck, because people have told me time and time again, the 80% Club section is the only page they visit on the site. Not sure that’s a compliment to the rest of the site, but it’s nice to know people appreciate the hard work that goes into building a successful portal. The 80% Club has been very beneficial for many members throughout the years and it’s the engine of the ATS Database website.
What exactly is the 80% Club?
The ATS Database "80% Club" provides sports bettors winning stat picks which have an 80% or better winning record from 10 or more occurrences in many various outcomes such as team trends, system trends and ATS matchup angles. The 80% Club provides ATS stats picks on the following sports and will have the popular blue star beside each record. (NFL, CFB, CFL, NHL, NBA and ML
80% Club Stat Example:
When a SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS team played as a Road team - On 6 days rest - Coming off a Win over NFC South opponent - Coming off back to back Straight Up (SU) wins; The San Francisco 49ers are 13-0 straight up (SU) and 11-2-0 against the spread (ATS) since 1983. (80% Club Stat from: 2011 – Week 6 – San Francisco at Detroit – Final Score: San Francisco 25 Detroit 19)
Download this app today and let us guide you the rest of the way in your sports gaming ventures.
ATS Stats App Screen Shots
By Ron Raymond on Mar 15, 2012 | In Basketball odds
| Vs |
Road Team: Oklahoma City Thunder (7 - 3 SU L10)
Home Team: Denver Nuggets (6 - 4 SU L10)
|Game Time : Thursday,March 15, 2012 8:05 PM|
|Money Line : Oklahoma City Thunder -115 ----- Denver Nuggets -105|
|Spread Line : Oklahoma City Thunder -1 ----- Denver Nuggets +1|
|O/U : Oklahoma City Thunder 211.5 (OVER -110) ----- Denver Nuggets 211.5 (UNDER -110)|
|Road Team Streaks : 1 SU Lost - 1 ATS Lost - 2 Over|
|Home Team Streaks : 1 SU Win - 2 ATS Lost - 1 Over|
|Vegas Odds: Oklahoma City Thunder -1 and the over/under 211.5|
|Offshore Sportsbooks Odds: Oklahoma City Thunder -1 and the betting total 211.5|
|Game Stats Preview: Oklahoma City Thunder Vs Denver Nuggets|
|Game Score Prediction: www.atscalculator.com|
|Stats provided by: www.atsdatabase.com|
|Ron Raymond's top and best sportsbooks? Best Sportsbooks|
Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Database Game Notes
- Line : Oklahoma City Thunder -1
- O/U : 211.5
- Last game: Lost 104 - 103 vs Houston Rockets
- Current game: vs Denver Nuggets at Thursday,March 15, 2012 8:05 PM
- Home Favorite: 19 Win -3 Lost (PF)104.55 - (PA)94.64
- Home Underdog: 0 Win -0 Lost (PF)N/A - (PA)N/A
- Road Favorite: 12 Win -6 Lost (PF)99.33 - (PA)97.22
- Road Underdog: 3 Win -1 Lost (PF)102 - (PA)98
- Last 3 game: 1 Win 2 Lost (PF)105 - (PA)98.33
- Last 5 game: 3 Win 2 Lost (PF)105 - (PA)98
- Last 7 game: 4 Win 3 Lost (PF)102.86 - (PA)98.43
- Last 10 game: 7 Win 3 Lost (PF)103.1 - (PA)96.6
- Last 15 game: 11 Win 4 Lost (PF)104.8 - (PA)96.33
- Coming off vs Southwest division opponent (HOU)
- Coming off a Home loss as a Favorite
- Coming off a 1 game loss
- Coming off 2 overs
- Scored 105 or less points FOR in their last game
- Allowed 100 or more points AGAINST in their last game
- Coming off a 5 game Home stand
- Coming off 1 days off
- When OKLAHOMA team Played as Road team as a Underdog - Last 4 years - Coming off 2 overs
- ATS:- 9-9-0
- SU:- 7-11-0
- O/U:- 15-3-0
Ron Raymond's NBA Smart Stats on the Thunder
|Team System Trends|
Denver Nuggets ATS Database Game Notes
- Line : Denver Nuggets +1
- O/U : 211.5
- Last game: Won 117 - 118 vs Atlanta Hawks
- Current game: vs Oklahoma City Thunder at Thursday,March 15, 2012 8:05 PM
- Home Favorite: 13 Win -9 Lost (PF)103.32 - (PA)99.64
- Home Underdog: 1 Win -1 Lost (PF)108 - (PA)109
- Road Favorite: 7 Win -2 Lost (PF)104.33 - (PA)96.44
- Road Underdog: 9 Win -9 Lost (PF)103.94 - (PA)101.39
- Last 3 game: 2 Win 1 Lost (PF)106.33 - (PA)102.67
- Last 5 game: 3 Win 2 Lost (PF)107.4 - (PA)104.8
- Last 7 game: 5 Win 2 Lost (PF)107.57 - (PA)103.29
- Last 10 game: 6 Win 4 Lost (PF)105.1 - (PA)103.5
- Last 15 game: 8 Win 7 Lost (PF)104.47 - (PA)103.8
- Coming off vs Southeast division opponent (ATL)
- Coming off a Home win as a Favorite
- Coming off a 1 game win
- Coming off 1 over
- Scored 115 or more points FOR in their last game
- Allowed 120 or less points AGAINST in their last game
- Coming off a 5 game Home stand
- Coming off 1 days off
Ron Raymond's NBA Smart Stats on the Nuggets
|Team System Trends|
ATS Database Promotion